Trying to update this blog, i find myself with some troubles to remember all the things that happened since October. Due to some back/shoulder/neck problems, i'm on heavy painkillers, and well that shit is working well. I mean i have less and less pain, but i feel more and more like a zombie. To make it simple, when i don't work, i sleep.
So, forgive me if i forgot some things, and if i make this short...
Seriously, i wish i could remember the bands who played that night, but i really can't. Not that they were bad, but i just had good time talking to nice people. Of course, my good friend Shin, was there, driving the band, and my german friend Martin, who lives in Fukuoka, also came to see the show that night. We had a great time talking at the bar or outside. I was also surprised to see a group of 6/8 people from Australia. It seems they were traveling in Japan by train, folllowing PISSCHRIST from cities to cities. We also had a nice talk although i don't remember exactly what we talked about.
What i can remember, is that A.I. was playing that night. And they were just amazing ! I guess since they had some line up changes over the pas few years, they need time to get back the fury and the intensity they are famous for. But that night was nearly perfect ! The set was short, brutal and punk as fuck ! Koide-san was so full of rage, anger and frustration, it was almost scarry. And he threw that at the face at the audience like a punch in the face. When i talked with him later that night, he explained to me that he's been working like a dog for months and that he kept all his anger for this show ! I love that guy ! What i love the most about A.I., is that even if their music and lyrics are dark, angry, there is always a little hope somewhere. NEVER SURRENDER !
Be sure to get a copy of their discography LP, you won't regret it !


What can i say about PISSCHRIST ? I was impressed by this band ! Always loved the records, but seeing them live was a great experience ! Wall of noise and distortion, and from this chaos, rise a message similar to A.I.'s message : NEVER GIVE UP ! Their music too, is dark. But i loved the fact that they want to have fun with everyone during their show. And Yeap is an amazing singer who is able to take everyone with him. He could almost make the show alone, jumping on the stage, jumping in the crowd, jumpimg everywhere, all the time. At the end of the show, i realised my friend Martin was just behind me. We looked at each other and were like : What the fuck just happened ? They blew everyone away ! It was intense and so fucking brutal, but in a way it was so refreshing ! One of the best show of 2009 for me. My only regret is that FRAMTID couldn't play that night.
Be sure to check the PISSCHRIST/FRAMTID 7", this one is a rager !






When everything as over, i took some time to talk a little bit with some friends again. Talking with Yeap was also great. He's so nice and natural, i really felt good and like i could have talked to him for hours. Just before i left, the party started, it was really funny to see a lot of people dancing on X-RAY SPEX, drinking, smiling...I said bye to my old friends and to my new friends, and kept this image of smiling people in my mind while walking back home. I felt good. I almost had no pain. Almost...




Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire