vendredi 27 décembre 2013

MERRY CRASSMAS

I don't like Christmas. I'm not anti Christmas, but I just feel like I have nothing to celebrate. Also this period of the year is dark and cold, very depressing. I read somewhere that this is the time of the year where the suicide rate is the highest. I can relate to that...
Christmas in Japan is weird too. Very different than where I come from. It's more a time for couples, for dating, a little bit like Valentine for European. That, on the other hand, is a thing I can't relate to.

So every year, it's a huge drag. I'm bored at home, not knowing what to do. So this year I decided to try something different. I had a nice and quiet party with few friends on the 23rd. The theme was Oden and Distro. Oden is so easy to prepare and delicious. I also put the distro boxes that I usually bring to shows in the living room, so my friends could check what they want, and give it a spin on the turntable. That was cool. We ate a lot, had some nice talks and ended up reading some mangas and checking some old flyers.


On the 24th, I cleaned the house and baked some cakes for some friends. The plan was to go to see a "pop idols" show in town. The pop idol trend is very different than what we had back in the days. Here in Japan it's basically some super young girls dressing all sexy, acting cute and dumb, singing some shitty songs with crappy dances. Short version, this the botom of the barrel when it comes to music, but it seems it works pretty well, considering the number of "bands".

Anyway, that night was some local idols and to my surprise they were younger than what I thought. Most of them were high school students, and seeing those children acting and dancing in front of a bunch of grown up men suddenly became a little bit disturbing, Even more for the after show with the photo session. Disturbing, but not outrageous, and in the end it was kind of fun to watch. My friend Yoko works as a bar tender there so I  had a nice talk with her, we ate cakes, and I even got a Christmas present, so I can't complain.

The show finished super early, probably because most of the girls had school the next day. So I just hung around in town on my bike, watching the Christmas illumination, then went back home.


The 25th, I just spent the whole day in pajama, watching animes and eating sweets, like the gross animal that I am. It felt so wrong, but it felt so right. That is probably one of the best Christmas I have ever had. Can't wait for next one!

Aucun commentaire: